This post is for my favourite stalker Lou who reminded me last night that I havent updated this blog for a while. The last few weeks have been an epiphany for me and have resulted in the loss of 1.2 of the rogue kilos that came back on over Christmas and the new year. I figure i have 4.5 to go to get back down to my lowest ever. I always said I never wanted to lose the same kilo twice but thats exactly what i did most of last year. In a way it is disappointing but as a pragmatist I figure that I have to learn to recover from my mistakes. I did find out what drives my eating though..
As soon as I stopped my last job and had a break mentally I was GONE. I dont know whether it was because I was out of a work routine or whether I was concerned about going broke but I figure the relaxation got to me. I kicked up my heels and piled on 2 kg. I was perfect while in Fiji early November and had been working towards losing for that trip but when i came home and had my birthday it was all downhill till mid Jan. I had a number of work worries and was being stuffed around in this regard so there was a lot of underlying stress in my life.
Its behind me now for the moment but I will be forever mindful that the demon lurks in the shadows at all times waiting for a weak moment to pounce. To give myself a shake up I am following the regime my sisters PT has put her on plus counting my points. All it consists of is WW but I go easy on some carbs. I am off bread, rice, pasta, taties and empty sugar calories. I am using High Protein, Low carb food bars and fruit for snacks instead of bikkies etc. The protein bars I choose are the lowest fat ones i can find and although they have about 1 point per 15g they really keep you feeling full. I just cut off an inch mid afternoon and at morning tea and feel full till dinner. The points arent a problem and in fact its hard to have 22 without bread, rice or pasta or crap so the protein bars help a bit in that regard. I am a few points below my allotment most days anyway.
The woolly woofers are looking at me with sad faces as its after 9am and they have not been for their walk. The rain has paused for the moment so I had best get some exercise and then i will take them to the dog food shop to pick up their food for the week. They love going there as they are given heaps of treats and told they are gorgeous ... which they are.
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment